Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yeah..Yeah... I Know..



I'm terrible about updating my website/blog. Basically, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a writer. I like the idea of being a writer. I sometimes come up with something reasonably good, and by a sheer act of will translate it into text, but it isn't something I do as a recreation.

At some level I would like to be one of those people. Tom Myers really impresses me (see http://www.anatomytrains.net). You can tell that he loves language; the texture, imagery and flow of words. I can appreciate the gift, but the encoding of thoughts into artful language isn't something that flows easily for me.

The last few months have been productive. I've been teaching an introductory physiology class at the Pittsburgh School of Pain Management. In a couple of weeks I will start teaching a 10 week introductory neurology class at PSPM. Tanya Chaney planned the syllabus and developed a fantastic PowerPoint presentation for the material. I wish I could post the whole thing on the website, but the material belongs to Tanya.

I've been attending meditation and discourses at The Pittsburgh Buddhist Center. The center recently had its one year anniversary. It opened the same weekend that I moved back to Pittsburgh.

Good Karma.

No comments: